Tel +44 (0)1722 424800
Forthcoming CoursesMon 19Mon 19 November, 10:00 am to 4:00 pmTue 20Tue 20 November, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Coordinator for the Centre for Leadership Learning Read more
Principal and Coordinator for the Centre for Human Flourishing Read more
Lecturer in Spirituality and Programme Leader for Theology Quest and Questions Read more
- This event has passed.
2015-16 Renaissance Ministry (1/2)
- Course Dates: Mon 30 November 2015, 1:00 pm to Wed 2 December 2015, 2:00 pm
This programme is ideal if you have been in stipendiary parochial ministry for a number of years, and are beginning to think about how to shape your ministry for the next phase.
With retirement for many now looking as if it may be 70, what does it mean to be in parochial ministry for the long haul?
This programme is sponsored by the Regional Training Partnership, Transition in Ministry Team (TIM) – including the dioceses of Bath & Wells, Bristol, Guildford, Oxford, Portsmouth, Salisbury and Winchester, but is also open to wider participation.
We shall provide an opportunity for you to:
- Reflect on your ministry since your ordination, so that you can become more aware of those aspects of ministry that renew you and those that drain you;
- Reflect on your original vocation to ordained ministry: does it continue to sustain you or does it need re-appraising in the light of experience?
- Think about new skills you might like to develop for the next phase of your ministry;
- Think about your lifestyle as a minister and plan for its future sustainability.
These residential sessions will provide an opportunity to think and pray together about vocation and ministry, to share in the worship of the cathedral and to make plans for further learning.
The programme will include two residential sessions at Sarum College. You will be expected to attend both parts.
Session 1: Arrivals for 1pm lunch on Monday 30 November. Departures at 2pm on Wednesday 2 December 2015.
Session 2: Arrivals for 1pm lunch on Monday 15 February. Departures at 2pm on Wednesday 17 February 2016.
Between the residential sessions is a phase of busy parochial ministry including Christmas in which to monitor reflections and learning from the first residential and prepare for the second.
There may be a chance to meet in small action learning groups between the sessions.
A final timetable and further information will be sent approximately two weeks before the programme.