- Course Dates: Monday, 10 Oct 2011, 3:00 PM - Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 5:00 PM
This first core module of the MA in Christian Spirituality programme introduces students to the study of spirituality through the medium of different classic spiritual traditions. It looks at the nature of spirituality in the Christian tradition and investigates questions such as ‘Do we need tradition and traditions any more?’ and ‘What are the general principles of interpretation we should apply to reading or using historical texts?’
- Starts: Monday, 10 Oct 2011, 3:00 PM
- Ends: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 5:00 PM
Tutor: Louise Nelstrop
- Louise Nelstrop is Programme Leader for the MA in Christian Spirituality at Sarum College. Her main research interests are medieval mysticism and practical theology, particularly as it relates to the emerging church and to healthcare.
Tutor: Patrick Moore
- Patrick Moore is a De La Salle Brother and a Scholar in Residence at Sarum College. His doctoral studies were in aesthetics.
Tutor: Barbara Mosse
- Barbara Mosse is an Anglican priest; her teaching and research interests include Celtic and medieval spirituality.
Tutor: Mervyn Davies
- Mervyn Davies is a scholar in residence at Sarum College. His research interests are in the development of theology, reformation theology and history, Newman studies, modern systematic theology including the theology of Vatican II, and the theology and practice of church leadership.