- Course Dates: Friday, 30 Sep 2011, 5:00 PM - Sunday, 2 Oct 2011, 9:00 PM
An opportunity for mutual support and learning for those involved in the ministry of spiritual direction /accompanying, and for those who seek a deepening understanding of the ministry.
The conference was planned by Canon Peter Ball, Canon Keith Lamdin, Anna Desch, the Revd Jacquie Birdseye and Sr Mairead Quigley, all of whom are involved in spiritual direction and in training for spiritual directors.
Prices 195 standard / £220 ensuite*
* subject to availability
£40 Supplement for Sunday night B&B
Residential bookings include all meals and refreshments.
Non-residential bookings exclude breakfast.
We plan to make this a regular event: 2012 dates for 2012 are 2 to 5 November
- Starts: Friday, 30 Sep 2011, 5:00 PM
- Ends: Sunday, 2 Oct 2011, 9:00 PM
Tutor: Liz Hoare
- Liz Hoare is tutor in prayer, spirituality and mission at Wyclffe Hall, Oxford. She is passionately committed to walking alongside others in their daily Christian lives, and the giving and receiving of spiritual direction has been an integral part of her life for many years. Liz is married with a 9 year-old son and keeps chickens.
Tutor: Louise Nelstrop
- Louise Nelstrop is Programme Leader for the MA in Christian Spirituality at Sarum College. Her main research interests are medieval mysticism and practical theology, particularly as it relates to the emerging church and to healthcare.
Tutor: Kathryn Turner
- Kathryn Turner is a founder and director of Wellsprings, an online resource of creative liturgical material (www.wellsprings.org.uk) and an experienced leader of workshops and retreats. She is Director of Spiritual Formation for the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle and a recent graduate of the MA in Christian Liturgy at Sarum College.
Tutor: Peter Ball
- Peter Ball acts as spiritual director for a wide range of people and is the author of several books on the subject. He was a parish priest in London and Canon Chancellor of St. Paul's. He was also a founder member of Spiritual Directors in Europe and is a long-standing member of Spiritual Directors International.
Tutor: Teresa Holmes-Thompson
- Teresa Holmes-Thomson is an experienced artist currently working with photography and textiles. Her practice is housed in a decommissioned Methodist chapel and she is a practising Christian.
Tutor: Barbara Doubtfire
- Barbara Doubtfire is a pupil and practitioner in spiritual accompaniment and trains supervisors and spiritual directors. She is interested in helping adults make sense of the inner life in which exploring silence and doing justice have been key elements and is mindful of the experience and insights held within other faith communities.