- Course Dates: Friday, 20 Jun 2014, 6:00 PM - Sunday, 22 Jun 2014, 2:00 PM
Please note that this course has been cancelled. Contact Alison Ogden for all enquiries.
This weekend is an invitation to mark the mid-point of the year by following the monastic rhythm of daily prayer, or Liturgy of the Hours as it is also known.
As well as praying the full twenty-four hour cycle of prayer, there will be a mixture of teaching, group discussion and time to reflect and enjoy the environment of the Cathedral Close.
Participants will learn about the origins and development of the Liturgy of the Hours and also consider how this enduring pattern of prayer can inspire a regular life of prayer in daily life. The weekend will conclude by joining the Cathedral congregation for Sunday morning Eucharist.
Price £199, includes all meals, refreshments and accommodation. Places are limited.
Contact Alison Ogden for booking enquiries
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01722 424826 | 01722 424800 (main reception)
- Starts: Friday, 20 Jun 2014, 6:00 PM
- Ends: Sunday, 22 Jun 2014, 2:00 PM
Tutor: Patricia Rumsey
- Sister Patricia is a member of the Poor Clare community, a religious order in North London. She is a Visiting Scholar at Sarum College and has written on the history of daily prayer.
Tutor: James Steven
- James Steven is director of Liturgy and Worship at Sarum College and has a particular interest in the relationship between theology and liturgical practice.