ABTAPL Union List of Periodicals – periodicals held by members of the Association of British Theological and Philosophical Libraries
- ATLA Cooperative Digital Resources Initiative – images may be used for educational purposes
- ATLA Religion Database – articles and book reviews, some full-text (please contact the Library to log in)
- Art Concordance – images may be used for educational purposes
Bible Concordance and Commentary – Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance combines the King James Bible version with Greek and Hebrew lexicons. Study the Bible online with Strong’s Concordance.
Biblical Art on the Web – images may be used for educational purposes
- Biblical Studies.org.uk – freely available online biblical books and journals
- Bibliographies for theology – compiled by William Harmless, S.J.
- British Library Direct – search over 260,000 journal titles (please contact the Library to view the articles!)
- British Library Integrated Catalogue – search for books and periodicals (please contact the Library to borrow a book)
- British Religion in Numbers – free statistics and research
Catholic Encyclopedia – The 1914 Catholic Encyclopedia is the most comprehensive resource on Catholic teaching, history, and information ever gathered in all of human history
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library – full-text classic Christian books online
- Christians on the Left – support, resource and network Christians involved on the left of politics in the UK. (Formerly Christian Socialist Movement)
- Christians in Politics – an all-party, non-denominational platform for Christians involved, or seeking to get involved, in politics and public life
- Church Army – a mission community of people who are transforming lives and neighbourhoods throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Church of England – for canons, General Synod papers, etc.
- Church Plans Online – Website under construction as of April 2016
- Codex Sinaiticus – the manuscript contains the Christian Bible in Greek, including the oldest complete copy of the New Testament
- COPAC – search the catalogues of major university, specialist, and national libraries in the UK and Ireland (please contact the Library to borrow a book)
- The Cyber Hymnal – one of many online sites giving lyrics, sheet music, audio, pictures, biographies, history & more for over 11,000 hymns
Dallas Theological Seminary Rare Books – around 300 interactive rare books
Dead Sea Scrolls – online access to the scrolls
- DOAJ Directory of Open Access Journals – more than 10,000 open access journals covering all areas of science, technology, medicine, social science and humanities
Ekklesia – briefings, research, comment and analysis on religion, politics, theology, culture and society
- EThOS – freely available UK theses from the British Library
GlobeTheoLib – free global digital library focusing on theology, intercultural and interreligious dialogue, ethics, and ecumenism in World Christianity
Google Scholar – limits a Google search to ‘academic’ sites
- The Gospels – introductions to Paul from the PBS documentary’s web site by Marilyn Mellowes
- Green Christian – an interdenominational UK Christian organisation for people concerned about the environment. (Formerly called Christian Ecology Link
Index Theologicus (lx Theo) – search over 600 theology journals held by the Tübingen University Library (please contact the Library to view the articles)
- IngentaConnect – search over 13,000 scholarly publications (please contact the Library to view the articles)
- Internet Archive – free internet library of historical collections (books, films etc) that exist in digital format
- Internet Tutorial for Religious Studies – free online tutorial to help you get the best out of the web
Journals for Free – in philosophy and religion
- Librarian’s Internet Index – The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente aim is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.
- New Testament Gateway – an excellent place to explore scholarly NT resources on the web plus a weblog, with debate on matters of current interest to NT studies.
Open Access Theses and Dissertations – a good place to start looking for dissertations
Oxford Scholarship Online – search the content of books published by Oxford University Press (please contact the Library to borrow the books)
- Oxford Text Archive – electronic literary and linguistic resources from Oxford University
- Paul’s Mission and Letters – introductions to Paul from the PBS documentary’s web site by a number of front-rank American scholars, including Wayne Meeks.
Philosophy – Early Modern Texts – classics of early modern philosophy freely available online
- Philpapers – comprehensive index and bibliography of philosophical research online, maintained by the community of philosophers. You need an academic email to join (MA students can use their Winchester University email address).
Religious Trends – the latest church statistics and research generated by Christian Research (please contact the library to log in)
- Religion Online – full-text articles and chapters plus useful web sites
- Research Methods for the Study of Religion – research methods for the study of religion from the University of Kent
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies – works of early Christian writers and their social world by Torrey Seland
- Review of Biblical Literature – reviews of books in biblical studies
St Ambrose University Library – a selection of guides on popular topics with authoritative sources
- SUNCAT – locate periodicals held by libraries throughout the UK
- The Text This Week – Paul – collection of links to material on Paul by Jenee Woodard
- WorldCat – search the collections of libraries in your community and thousands more around the world