What Our Students Say
Forthcoming CoursesMon 23Mon 23 November, 2:00 pm to Thu 26 November, 2:00 pmMon 23Mon 23 November, 2:00 pm to Thu 26 November, 2:00 pmMon 30Mon 30 November, 2:00 pm to Thu 3 December, 2:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Director of Studies, Centre for Formation in Ministry and Lecturer in Doctrine and Theology, Arts and Culture Read more
Coordinator of the Centre for Theology, Imagination and Culture Read more
Coordinator, Centre for Encountering the Bible and Short Courses Read more
- This event has passed.
(Taught Online) Exploring Theology Term 3: Week 1: Reading the Bible from Where we are
- Course Dates: Tue 21 April, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Register for the current Exploring Theology Summer Term Here.
This term of Exploring Theology will be offered online via a mix of both pre-recorded and live discussion sessions. At this time, it is only available to register on a term-basis, at the cost of £70 for the term which includes 10 sessions, as per usual. If you wish to write an essay, please contact Jayme Reaves (email@example.com) who can arrange payment separately.
While each week will have a different tutor, Jayme will be on hand to facilitate each session.
After registration and payment, you will be sent details on how to access SarumLearn where all links to recorded and live sessions as well as readings will be available. Live sessions will be conducted via Zoom.
The course will run according to the following schedule:
1) Each lecture will be pre-recorded and uploaded by the Monday morning prior to enable those who wish to watch it at their own leisure, starting on Monday, 20 April for the first session on the evening of Tuesday, 21 April.
2) For those who wish to watch the pre-recorded lectures as a group, we will gather at 7pm each Tuesday evening for the live session. Each lecture should last no more than 45 minutes (ending at 7:50pm at the latest; the link will be available via your SarumLearn access).
3) We will take a break between 7:50pm-8:00pm. If you’d like to stay in the online room to chat with each other, you’re welcome to do so though it will be as one group rather than private conversations.
4) We will then gather again at 8:00pm for the discussion session. The format will be as follows:
— 8:00-8:15pm: Q&A with the tutor based on their pre-recorded lecture
— 8:15-9:00pm: Immersive Textual Reading & Discussion (reading the identified biblical text, applying the theme of the lecture to it, making observations). This session will be recorded live and a link to the video will be posted afterwards for those who wish to watch it again or for those who missed the session.
We will be finished by 9pm as per usual.
Reading the Bible from Where we are
In this session, we consider our role as readers and inheritors of the biblical text, identifying ourselves, our assumptions, and needs as a means of understanding what we read when we read the Bible.
21st April with Dr. Jayme Reaves