Forthcoming CoursesMon 15Mon 15 June, 2:00 pm to Thu 18 June, 2:00 pmMon 15Mon 15 June, 2:00 pm to Thu 18 June, 2:00 pmMon 15Mon 15 June, 2:00 pm to Thu 18 June, 2:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Coordinator, Centre for Encountering the Bible and Short Courses Read more
Tutor in Rural Ministry, Centre for Formation in Ministry Read more
Chaplain, Centre for Formation in Ministry Read more
- This event has passed.
(Taught Online) Exploring Theology Term 3: Week 5: Feminist and Womanist Interpretations
- Course Dates: Tue 19 May, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Register for the current Exploring Theology Summer Term Here.
This term of Exploring Theology will be offered online via a mix of both pre-recorded and live discussion sessions. At this time, it is only available to register on a term-basis, at the cost of £70 for the term which includes 10 sessions, as per usual. If you wish to write an essay, please contact Jayme Reaves (firstname.lastname@example.org) who can arrange payment separately.
While each week will have a different tutor, Jayme will be on hand to facilitate each session.
After registration and payment, you will be sent details on how to access SarumLearn where all links to recorded and live sessions as well as readings will be available. Live sessions will be conducted via Zoom.
The course will run according to the following schedule:
1) Each lecture will be pre-recorded and uploaded by the Monday morning prior to enable those who wish to watch it at their own leisure, starting on Monday, 20 April for the first session on the evening of Tuesday, 21 April.
2) For those who wish to watch the pre-recorded lectures as a group, we will gather at 7pm each Tuesday evening for the live session. Each lecture should last no more than 45 minutes (ending at 7:50pm at the latest; the link will be available via your SarumLearn access).
3) We will take a break between 7:50pm-8:00pm. If you’d like to stay in the online room to chat with each other, you’re welcome to do so though it will be as one group rather than private conversations.
4) We will then gather again at 8:00pm for the discussion session. The format will be as follows:
— 8:00-8:15pm: Q&A with the tutor based on their pre-recorded lecture
— 8:15-9:00pm: Immersive Textual Reading & Discussion (reading the identified biblical text, applying the theme of the lecture to it, making observations). This session will be recorded live and a link to the video will be posted afterwards for those who wish to watch it again or for those who missed the session.
We will be finished by 9pm as per usual.
Feminist and Womanist Interpretations
In this session we will consider feminist and womanist approaches to reading Scripture and the ways in which such approaches disrupt and unsettle traditional readings and power dynamics as women’s bodily experience is foregrounded.
19th May with Karen O’Donnell