What Our Students Say
Forthcoming CoursesMon 01Mon 1 March, 7:00 pm to 8:00 pmTue 02Tue 2 March, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pmThu 04Thu 4 March, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Scholar in Residence Read more
Coordinator, Centre for Formation in Ministry and Director of Contextual Learning Read more
Principal and Coordinator for the Centre for Human Flourishing Read more
- This event has passed.
Listen to Your Life: An Introduction to the Enneagram for Personal & Spiritual Growth
- Course Dates: Fri 22 January, 6:30 pm to Sun 24 January, 4:30 pm
The Enneagram is a startlingly accurate and insightful tool for understanding ourselves and other people. It suggests that there are nine basic personality styles or preferred life strategies that we unconsciously adopt. Once we identify our style or ‘type’ a huge amount of personal insight becomes available that can help us to grow and flourish as individuals and in our relationships.
This online retreat workshop will:
• Introduce the Enneagram as a system and how it works.
• Describe the nine distinct personality styles, including strengths, weaknesses, blind spots and defence strategies.
• Help participants identify their own preferred style and begin to understand what this means.
• Introduce practices for managing stress and conflict in each type and for cultivating a more resourceful approach to life by revealing our neglected strengths or life strategies.
• Explore how the Enneagram can help in spiritual development, especially by identifying the spiritual energies in each type and how these can find expression through gifts and life focus. Far from putting us in a box, the Enneagram offers a route to freedom – freedom to discover our truest selves by enabling us to listen more mindfully to our life.
Timetable for this online weekend retreat will be as follows:
Friday, 22 January: 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday, 23 January: 10:00 – 4:30pm
Sunday, 24 January: 2-5pm