What Our Students Say
Forthcoming CoursesMon 12Mon 12 April, 2:00 pm to Thu 15 April, 2:00 pmFri 16Fri 16 April, 10:00 am to 4:00 pmTue 20Tue 20 April, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Coordinator, Centre for Contemporary Spirituality Read more
Tutor in Spiritual Formation and Biblical Studies Read more
Chaplain, Sarum Centre for Formation in Ministry Read more
- This event has passed.
Open Learning for Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Course Dates: Fri 3 June 2016, 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
This day conference will discuss the uses of open learning for theology, ministry and mission.
It will cover key questions such as the meaning of ‘openness’ and its applicability to theological education, the successful implementation of flexible and learner-centred pedagogies, how to nurture formation and build community at a distance, and the possibilities of digital technology for theological teaching and training. It will provide a forum to discuss key challenges and opportunities in this area, including financial and institutional pressures alongside pedagogical issues.
The day will include the following:
- Flexible and Learner-Centred Pedagogies with Alison LeCornu, Independent Educational Consultant
- Digital Resources for Open Learning with Ken Farrimond, VLE and Blended Learning Officer for Ministry Division
- A report on open learning case studies, with student representation, from Sarum College
- A discussion on pedagogies for open learning in theology, ministry and mission
Registration is free, advance booking required
Contact Alison Ogden for all booking enquiries
email@example.com | 01722 424826 | 01722 424800 (main reception)
For any further enquiries contact Beth Dodd
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01722 424800 (main reception)
This conference is kindly funded by the Common Awards Research Network.