Forthcoming CoursesWed 30Wed 30 October, 10:00 am to 4:00 pmMon 04Mon 4 November, 1:00 pm to Thu 7 November, 2:00 pmSat 09Sat 9 November, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Tutor in Spiritual Formation and Biblical Studies Read more
Scholar in Residence Read more
Coordinator, Centre for Encountering the Bible and Short Courses Read more
The Emotional Toll of Care
- Course Dates: Fri 17 January 2020, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Explore self-care as an ethical imperative for those working on the front line of human vulnerability.
A dynamic day for professionals think, feel and engage with the human side of their work, using evidence based intervention to counter maladaptive coping strategies such as withdrawal, denial, substance abuse or suicide.
How best to manage a pervasive sense of futility and the experience of being the face of what may be perceived as a failing or inadequate system?
This course is designed for practitioners working with human vulnerability, particularly chaplains, physicians and therapists.
Main Outcome Measures:
- Take a bit of time out in a safe space
- Focus on the human side of the profession
- Better understand resources for support
- Better informed about how we can help each other
- Create a community of caring
- To share and learn together