Forthcoming CoursesMon 26Mon 26 August, 9:00 am to Sat 31 August, 4:00 pmWed 04Wed 4 September, 8:30 am to Fri 6 September, 4:00 pmMon 09Mon 9 September, 8:30 am to Wed 11 September, 4:00 pm
Meet the Academic Staff
Coordinator, Centre for Contemporary Spirituality Read more
Scholar in Residence Read more
Coordinator for the Centre for Leadership Learning Read more
The Emotional Toll of Care
- Course Dates: Fri 17 January 2020, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Explore the notion of self-care as an ethical imperative for those working on the front line of human vulnerability.
How best to manage a pervasive sense of futility and the experience of being the face of what may be perceived as a failing or inadequate system?
A day for professionals to focus on the human side of their work, using evidence based intervention to counter maladaptive coping strategies such as withdrawal, denial, substance abuse or suicide.
Main Outcome Measures:
- Take a bit of time out in a safe space
- Focus on the human side of the profession
- Better understand resources for support
- Better informed at how we can help each other
- Create a community of caring
- To share and learn together