The first thing to say is that this is possible, and it often gives you the chance to think things through more thoroughly.
In practice most students come in order to share the experience of exploration and reflection without putting anything on paper, but you are welcome to take the opportunity to do more.
If you opt to write the essays, you will receive an Assignments Handbook that details essay options, resources, guidance and marking criteria. Each term, a shorter (max 2,500 word) essay is followed by a longer essay of (max 3,500 words).
For this additional £70 per term, you also receive:
- Membership of Sarum Library for the whole academic year (£30 for others on Exploring Theology).
- Marginal and summative comments on each essay, and a mark to first-year undergraduate marking criteria.
- One-to-one tutorial (30 minutes).
- An extra Tuesday evening session on essay-writing skills at the end of the Autumn and Spring terms.
- A graded Sarum Certificate upon completion of twelve essays, or transcripts of marks upon request.
- Academic references if requested following four or more essays.
Contact Alison Ogden for all essay enquiries
email@example.com | 01722 424826 | 01722 424800 (main reception)