About the Listen to your life: Enneagram Retreat Weekend (2022) course
Listen to Your Life: An introduction to the Enneagram for Personal & Spiritual Growth
The Enneagram is a startlingly accurate and insightful tool for understanding ourselves and other people. It suggests that there are nine basic personality styles or preferred life strategies that we unconsciously adopt. Once we identify our style or ‘type’ a huge amount of personal insight becomes available that can help us to grow and flourish as individuals and in our relationships.
This retreat workshop will:
• Introduce the Enneagram as a system and how it works.
• Describe the nine distinct personality styles, including strengths, weaknesses, blind spots and defence strategies.
• Help participants identify their own preferred style and begin to understand what this means.
• Introduce practices for managing stress and conflict in each type and for cultivating a more resourceful approach to life by revealing our neglected strengths or life strategies.
• Explore how the Enneagram can help in spiritual development, especially by identifying the spiritual energies in each type and how these can find expression through gifts and life focus.
Far from putting us in a box, the Enneagram offers a route to freedom – freedom to discover our truest selves by enabling us to listen more mindfully to our life.
About the tutor
Dave Tomlinson is an Anglican priest, writer and broadcaster. He is also a qualified teacher of the Enneagram in the Narrative Tradition with 20 years of experience putting it into practice in pastoral counselling with individuals and couples, in spiritual direction, and with coaching people in personal development.