Welcoming you back to Sarum College has never been far from my mind since we closed our doors in March.
We haven’t lost hope of this being a reality in the summer months and I am delighted to announce that our opening date is now 1 August 2020.
We realise that there will be concerns about visiting and staying at the College. Rest assured our main objective is to ensure that you can enjoy your time with us safely. With this in mind we invite you to read all about the preparations and procedures we’ve put in place.
If the information below, does not answer your questions or concerns, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 01722 424800 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you back to Sarum College soon.
Principal of Sarum College, James Woodward
High standards of service, housekeeping and health & safety have always been a priority for Sarum College.
In response to the pandemic we have enhanced our these according to guidance from HM Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality.
We can confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing risk in the workplace. Our internal operating practices and protocols will be reviewed regularly and immediately updated as guidance evolves. The information below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a public health issue, we need the full support and cooperation of all our guests, staff and business partners. Through our collective efforts we can help curb the spread of covid-19 and keep each other safe.
To be present on the property, you either need to be a guest, a staff member or an authorised (and health-screened) partner.
Practices and Protocols for hygiene
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building.
- All staff will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) at regular intervals.
- All staff will be required to stay at home if unwell.
- All staff will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating.
- All staff will be required to wear PPE as appropriate.
- Staff will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing wherever possible.
- Staff will take your temperature upon arrival. If your temperature is 37.8 degrees or above and you think this is due to physical exertion we are happy to let you rest 15 minutes and re-take your temperature. However if your temperature remains above the accepted level we will ask you to re-schedule your stay.
- Please use the hand sanitising stations around the building and adhere to public distancing measures.
- Bedrooms are sanitised with enhanced cleaning measures.
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk.
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom.
- Cash is not accepted unless arranged by prior agreement.
- These safety measures means that some of our activities, services and facilities are limited or not available
- The General Manager of Hospitality is responsible for all aspects of our covid-19 operating plan. Please contact us at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
- To maintain the highest food safety standards, we have adapted the way we serve meals and arranged seating in the dining room.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas.
- A one-way system through the building will be implemented where necessary and possible.
- Lifts will only be available for use by prior arrangement.
- The enhanced cleaning regime for public areas includes more frequent disinfection of high-touch areas.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at doorways and key public areas. Additional disinfection will be in place of high-touch room and bathroom areas.
- Housekeeping will be available by request. Guests should ventilate and vacate the room prior to housekeeping staff entering.
- The hospitality staff member on duty is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guest covid-19 related queries.
- Individual bookings have flexible terms and conditions whereby you can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival for a full refund. For group and event bookings please refer to your contract or to a member of staff directly.
Our Business Partners
- Visitors and contractors are allowed on College premises by prior appointment only.
- Staff will take your temperature upon arrival. If your temperature is 37.8 degrees or above and you think this is due to physical exertion we are happy to let you rest 15 minutes and re-take your temperature. However if your temperature remains above the accepted level we will ask you to re-schedule your visit.
- Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises without an appointment.
- Access to back of house areas is restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of staff work spaces is permitted.
- Those organising events must provide contact details for all guests. Those who feel unwell should not attend.
- All guests will have their temperature taken upon arrival. Those whose temperature is 37.8 degrees or above will not be allowed entry.
- We will accommodate a maximum of two households per table up to a maximum of six guests. If you are from more than two households and more than six people, you will be required to sit on separate tables to adhere to government guidelines.
- We have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods.
- We have suspended all buffets.
- Salt and pepper shakers will be available on request and sanitised after each use.
- Card payments only unless other arrangements have been made by prior agreement.
- We will use batched ingredients where possible to limit the handling of products.
Our commitment to you
All staff are required to:
- Stay home when unwell.
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing.
- Maintain public distance.
- Wear PPE where appropriate.
- Follow the company’s covid-19 operating procedures.
- We have staggered shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it.
- Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two staff members assigned unless they are working outside.
- Our staff have and will receive ongoing training.
- Our staff have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Finally, we ask that as a guest of Sarum College you commit to:
If in the unfortunate case, you have any covid-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with covid`1-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
When and where appropriate, please make use PPE equipment and respects the 1m+ distancing guidance
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sarum College. Travel safe and stay well.