18 October 2023
New covid variants identified by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) continue to transmit within the UK, with sporadic cases identified in most regions.
According to the September 2023 UKHSA briefing, there is currently no evidence to suggest that BA.2.86 infection is more likely to make people seriously ill than currently-circulating variants, while vaccination is likely to provide continued protection.
The national autumn vaccination campaign for covid-19 and flu is under way for those people at higher risk.
Sarum College will continue to follow UKHSA guidance and take all appropriate steps to keep students, visitors and staff safe.
Efforts to contain the spread of viral infections are:
- Supplies of sanitising gel, face masks and wipes are available at Reception for all staff and visitors.
- Given the varying needs and vulnerabilities within our college learning community. We ask that anyone who presents with a high temperature, persistent cough, severe aches and pains or any other potential covid or flu symptoms avoid coming into College, or leave College should these symptoms arise during a visit or course.
- Unless otherwise directed with further details, staff, students and visitors who have experienced these symptoms are asked not to return to college without a negative lateral flow test. Masks can be worn but are not required unless otherwise directed for specific events or courses.
Visiting groups will be briefed on covid as part of the overall health and safety information.
Hospitality staff carry out the following safety measures:
- All high use areas are sanitised at regular intervals during the day.
- All conference rooms, and the refectory will be aired morning and afternoon for 20 minutes.
- All guest rooms will be aired and sanitised prior to their arrival.
For further queries about covid/flu protocols please contact:
Hospitality guests/event organisers
Students and course participants, please contact the appropriate administrator:
Ministry : Annette Young
MA courses: Chris Whimpenny
Short courses: Beth Clover-Dockrell
Thank you for helping us keep the college community safe and well.