|Department||Sarum College Hospitality|
|Reports To||General Manager of Hospitality|
|Key Contacts||Hospitality Coordinators, General Manager of Hospitality, Catering Team, Contractors, Service Users and Staff|
The role adapts to the needs of the business within the Hospitality structure. Housekeepers undertake a range of services throughout the College:
- Day to day cleaning of guest, public and employee areas.
- Maintaining a safe and pleasant environment for guests, visitors and College employees.
- Replenishing linen and consumables.
- Laundry duties as required.
- Flexibility to work in other areas of Hospitality where appropriate.
Core responsibilities and key accountabilities
- Deliver exceptional standards of customer service for all users of the College.
- Cleaning and servicing of all College areas to the required standard according to College procedures.
- Room set-up in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Complete daily task sheets to submit to the General Manager of Hospitality for auditing purposes.
- Use cleaning chemicals and materials according to instructions, safety data and COSHH regulations.
- Use appropriate Health and Safety signage to inform guests, visitors and employees that cleaning is in progress.
- Maintain all housekeeping storage areas and laundry rooms in a clean and tidy state.
- Report any faults/issues to the General Manager of Hospitality each day to support the upkeep of the building.
- Empty and clean waste bins throughout the College, ensuring waste is disposed of correctly and within local government guidelines.
- Use laundry equipment safely and efficiently way to ensure compliance with Health and Safety guidance on chemical usage, lifting, use of electrical equipment.
- Attend any housekeeping or general College training as required to support the role.
- Attend monthly meetings with General Manager of Hospitality.
- Any other fair and reasonable task set for the needs of the business.
- Compliance at all times with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Key Performance Indicators
- Service user satisfaction results.
- Satisfactory compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Satisfactory feedback on performance from appraisals.
In the course of their duties employees may have access to confidential material regarding service users or members of staff. Information relating to identifiable service users or staff must not be divulged without appropriate authorisation. Failure to observe this rule will be regarded as a disciplinary issue and action could be taken against individuals doing so.
Hours of Work 25 hours per week
Annual Leave Entitlement is 5 weeks plus statutory holidays, which includes the days when the College is closed over the Christmas period.
Pension Sarum College operates a non-contributory defined pension scheme to which Sarum College currently contributes 8.5% of salary.