About the Taster Session for Postgraduate Study (Nov 2024 online) course
Thinking about further study?
Join us online to hear about Sarum’s postgraduate study programmes, meet programme leaders, current and former students to learn more about these postgraduate study courses and discuss your study interests.
Postgraduate study options include a one-year certificate, a two-year diploma and a three-year master of arts degree.
You can tailor postgraduate study programmes in all sorts of ways. If you want to just do a year of study and concentrate on a theme, have a look at some possible pathways, with September or January starting point: specific themes within Christian Spirituality, and in Theology, Imagination and Culture.
Why choose Sarum College for postgraduate study?
- The programmes are flexible and can be slowed up or sped up to suit you. You can take an interruption if you need one. Teaching schedules are designed to fit around working life or other commitments, so you can take up further study without having to give up your job.
- The schedule of intensive teaching weeks up to three times a year combined with both remote and online learning support means you get a lot of in-person teaching that can fit around busy lives without relocating.
- Alongside the faculty at Sarum (all active researchers), guest lecturers who are experts and active researchers on the topics they teach are drawn in for each module. So the teaching is always research-led and students benefit from a wide range of lecturers during your time with us.
- Our programmes and modules are forward thinking and diverse. We have modules such as Embodied Encounters with the Divine and Erotic Desires: Gender, Sexuality and Spirituality which explore contemporary issues into the study of theology. View the full list of Theology, Imagination and Culture modules and Christian Spirituality modules.
- We build study skills support into our programmes, so there are lots of opportunities to develop your research and writing skills throughout your time with us. We incorporate study skills sessions into modules and tutors are available for 1-to-1 tutorials at your convenience.
Dr Michael Hahn
Dr Jayme Reaves
Director of Academic Development
Dr Eleanor McLaughlin
Programme Leader, Theology, Imagination and Culture
The Revd Canon Professor James Woodward
Sarum College Principal
View our student videos here: