The Sarum Centre for Formation in Ministry is seeking candidates to join the College’s vibrant community of learning as Tutor and Lecturer on a maternity cover contract,
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a theological educator who is excited about forming people with a wide vision for ministry and mission. The successful candidate will be a team player, proactively taking part in all that is needed to train and support our students in their formation for ordained and licensed lay ministries. The post is half-time for a period of maternity cover.
What we offer
“We commend the impressive quality of the learning community at Sarum College’s Centre for Formation in Ministry” (2019 Periodic External Review)
• a college community where each staff member is known and valued
• a vibrant community of learning, with an eclectic and interesting mix of people coming for study, short courses, conferences and B&B
• a ministry team committed to working together, valuing each other’s different experience, perspective and expertise
• a ministry student cohort of varied church backgrounds and ages, each one bringing their own skills and vocational stories
• access to opportunities given to Common Awards (Durham University) staff, such as working to an adult teaching award
• a working week that combines home and college
• a unique setting within Salisbury Cathedral Close, with easy access to the city centre
• a salary commensurate with the sector, with non-contributory pension provision and 27 days leave plus bank holidays
• one week’s study leave a year plus conference grant
• free college lunches and generously reduced B&B rates for educational staff
To arrange an informal conversation about the post, please contact Mrs Annette Young email@example.com
This is a readvertisement. Applications should be completed on the form below addressing the job description and person specification, and sent to Mrs Annette Young firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 9am Tuesday 12 December 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview at Sarum College on Wednesday 10 January 2024.