Updated 2 October 2020
To ensure the safety of all staff and visitors, Sarum has new procedures for all those planning a visit to the College.
Visitors will be welcomed to College by prior appointment only, so please let us know in advance if you would like to work in the library or browse books. Please email Reception or the library to arrange.
The click and collect service will continue to operate so for those wishing to return or collect books can use the boxes in Reception.
Those who have arranged to go to the library should wear a face covering, sanitise their hands at Reception and have their temperature taken. If the reading is 37.8 degrees or higher and you think this is due to physical exertion we are happy to let you rest 15 minutes and re-take your temperature. However if your temperature remains above the accepted level we will be happy to re-schedule your visit.
We look forward to welcoming library members back but understand some people may prefer to stay away for a little while longer. Please note that following guidance 24 September 2020, wearing a face covering is required while moving through the College, including common areas within the library.
We ask that library visitors:
- Sanitise their hands on entering the library and before using the computers or the photocopier.
- Check in returned books on the self-service computer and put them on the appropriate shelf on the returns trolley. Please do not remove books from the returns trolley as they will be quarantined for 3 days.
- Return any books used for reference to the returns trolley; please don’t put them back on the shelves.
- Wear a face covering while moving through common areas of the library.
- Maintain social distancing: no more than two people in rooms 2 & 3; one person per bay in the main library.
Happy reading! Visit the Library section of this website.